Friday 24 April 2015

Landing in Oz

We've been back for 6 or 7 weeks now and the time has flown!

This won't be a long reflection on having transitioned to FIRE, I'll save that for later. To be honest it has still barely sunk in yet.

Our FIRE is a jumble of several things - 1) quiting my "career", 2) relocating home after 17 years, 3) being a Stay At Home Dad.

[ Note : Points 1) and 3) only apply to me; Mrs FFA has already been for some years and I now empathise much better with all the things she has been telling me! ]

So far, I've felt the impact most of point 3). Being a SAHM or SAHD is a tough gig and must be one of the most under-appreciated and undervalued roles you could imagine. I guess you have to do it yourself to realise, that's how my eyes were opened.

From a practical perspective, the move has gone relatively smoothly, all things considered. We have had a lot of help and generosity from family which has made a huge difference. There's still many relocation issues to attend to, but I am hopeful some spare time will emerge to write some new posts here. The next plan is to put up a high-level analysis of how we generated our wealth, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment